Sunday, July 19, 2015

Toasted scarves

This weekend I had one of those things which you can either consider a fiasco or a "happy accident" to quote Bob Ross.  I put the bundled scarves on the steamer and didn't notice that the water had boiled dry.  I got a little "toasting" on the scarves.

I started with tightly bundled scarves in which I'd sandwiched delphinium (on the right) and bee balm (on the left)


A few hours later you notice the brown bands going across... Dammit!  It also affected the color of the flowers.  I will have to wait until next year (and a new crop of delphinium petals) to see if the true outcome would have been purple or blue.  In the mean time, I will stick to my script:  "I meant it to look that way!" 


Just sayin'... this was not my first oops, and it turned out not to be my last.  

No comments:

Post a Comment