Sunday, July 19, 2015

Introduction

We all need to explore our creative side.  The creative process has been a part of who we are as humans since we lived in caves.

My initial venture into the creative process was my garden.  Gardening flowers, then later vegetables, became my therapy.  My sanity.  Back then I also sewed, and created web pages, and wrote.  Although I didn't really associate any of these with creativity, looking back, I understand that this is what it was.

It wasn't until my life settled down enough that I was able to begin dabbling in things that one might consider "artistic" that I realized how important creativity was to my life.  My passion at the moment is dyeing textiles with natural elements: plant matter and rusty things in particular.  I like that I can take elements from my garden (most recently the petals from my blue delphinium and my purple bee balm), wrap them up in silk, and a few hours later unwrap them, and be delighted--or at times disappointed-- by the results.  It's a creative process and a learning process, and the brain is fueled by both.

I hope you enjoy some of the things I'm working on.


No comments:

Post a Comment